I’ve been run ragged. My job, which became full time in April, totally drove me into the darkest pits of hell and back.
I’ve lacked inspiration, nay, motivation to keep writing. And the annoying part is now that, just as I stop, I see my friends begin to write more and more.
And with the SADD taking hold of me (and I’m in Minnesota, so I’m about as SADD as I can be) I’ve slept the strangest schedule in the history of the world.
There’s been a lot going on that I’ve been paying attention to in social media and the media that has my heart ripped to absolute shreds so I have tried to spend as much time as I can away from the computer and Internet. I already am on the computer for 8 hours a day for work.
I haven’t hit 100 poems, like I wanted to do. But I almost hit 40. And that is something I should be proud of, even if they are strange. The year isn’t over yet, though I doubt I could write 60 poems in 30 days.
but maybe a challenge?
Some things that have been happening in my life are good:
- I got a marriage license and am officially getting married in February.
- I’ve been hanging out with my friends and joking about my new-found alcoholism, which is basically me drinking 2 Mango Sunrises and then calling it a night once every two weeks.
- I’ve gotten some new piercings.
Some things that happened have been awful:
- I’ve become sensitive and easily triggered.
- I find myself constantly fighting for power when it is unnecessary because if I have no power, then nobody can have any.
I hope within the coming month or so, I will be able to get a schedule going. I never realized how dependent on sleep I am. With a terrible sleep schedule comes a terrible waking schedule.
Welcome back to me!